Fuel cost is a major part of the bottom line these day for trucking companies. Discount fuel cards can make a huge impact financially, especially for owner-operators. Did you know that the cost of diesel fuel purchases accounts for almost 40% of the overall expenses associated with owning a trucking company. Fuel cards are a no brainers but they are not all made equal. While some offer larger fuel savings than others they may restrict you to only fueling at certain locations. Many cards have other features that can benefit your business. Discounts off the cash price at the pump can mean a notable savings in diesel fuel costs. The F2 fuel card is one of the top fuel cards in the industry because of its key partnerships which allow for some fantastic diesel fuel discounts.
How the F2 Card can lower your costs:
Fuel Savings Solution
• Discounts off the cash price of diesel fuel.
• 1,000+ discounted locations including, but are not limited to, TA, Petro Stopping Centers, TA Express, the Ambest network, and Road Ranger.
• Exclusive F2 Fuel Finder
• Line of credit with approval or use a prepaid option.
• If you pump diesel, you can use this card. No authority or factoring contract required.
• Set purchase limits in real-time and customize each driver’s account/card
• Best in class financial controls
• Superior fraud prevention tools
• No more check-cutting and/or petty cash for your drivers
• Driver/Vehicle customized reporting
• Easy tax reporting data for IFTA
• 24/7 online and mobile app access
• Mobile fuel finder with live pricing at all the discounted stops around you, and can even help find the best price along your route.
• Monitor spending and authorize instant overrides
• View rejected transactions for proactive behavior coaching
• Issue or void MoneyCodes with ease
• Driver mobile access with smartphone
More Information About Fuel
A fuel card can benefit your trucking company in a wide variety of ways. Decrease fuel costs, easy access to card advances for your drivers, even a line of credit with approval to cover fuel for your next load.
Excellent Fuel Discounts:
By owning a fuel card, you can ditch worrying about paying full price for fuel, protecting your bottom line. The right fuel card will allow you access to freight lanes that fit your company’s financial needs and maximize the opportunities for your trucking company. You need to make sure to get the card that meets your company's travel needs. It is also important to inquire about the additional fees some networks will charge users to utilize the fuel card. By knowing upfront what travel centers you have access to, what prices you will pay and what additional fees are included, it will become clear which fuel card program will benefit your company the most.
Did you know that many travel centers have a reward program and/or mobile app that gives you access to parking spaces, showers, and more discounts? These can include repairs, tires, and more for servicing your fleet.
Pre Pay or get a Line of Credit
There are two different options when it comes to setting up your fuel card: prepaid or a line of credit. Having a set prepaid amount on your fuel card to spend is a common option for owner-operators. Most factoring companies even offer fuel cards, so that you can get advanced faster by adding the invoice advanced amount onto your fuel card.
Another choice is to apply for a line of credit. This way you don’t have to worry about putting money on your fuel card, you are set up with a line of credit to use, based on what you qualified for.
Get Control over Your Costs
A fuel card can offer you more control as an owner. You can use it as a solution for payroll, per diems, fuel advances and expense reimbursement. If you have drivers working for your company, it allows you to track transaction activity and block or advance each driver’s individual account. This allows you more transparency of your operation costs and minimizes the risk of an owner being taken advantage of. No more check writing or petty cash, your drivers can access their advances via an ATM, or sometimes even from a mobile app. You can also use this data for IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) tax reports to keep your business in check with legal requirements.
A fuel card is a must-have for every owner-operator. Whether it provides you with fuel discounts or gives you the flexibility to advance your driver’s fuel card at their next stop, there are countless benefits your trucking company can reap by owning one. Just make sure to select a fuel card provider that fits your business needs.
Get Your Industry-Leading F2 Fuel Card Today!